Where Did the Last 15 Years Go? To Memories Like These
I’m breaking the rules of my 366 project today because it’s my grandson’s 15th birthday, and I want to use a specific picture of him in this post. I took it with my point & shoot camera back in October of 2010. He was 13. It’s important to me for several reasons:
- From the time he could walk, he would run away from me every time I brought out the camera so it was tough to get good pictures of him. I had to be very fast on my feet and even faster with the shutter. It became a game for us. One day I chased him about a half mile. (I was younger then and he was definitely worth it). Now he’s a lot taller than me and I’m sure I couldn’t catch up with his long legs.
- When he was only three he came to spend a few days with me and Gramps (without his Mom and Dad) on his first trip away from home. Every night I would lie down with him and read a story, and when I asked him which one he wanted, it was always the same … Toy Story. He loved that book so much! We laughed every night when I said, “Oh, no, not Woody again!” Then I would read the book and he would fall asleep with his head on my shoulder.
- When I took this particular picture, I related the story to him. He smiled, didn’t say a word and posed for me. What a miracle!
- The look in his eyes speaks volumes to me.
- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! I love you and miss you tons!